Who is this blog for?
Answer these questions to see if you fit the profile.
- Do you ever check the team sheets and feel your heart sink when you see the name of your skip?
- Have you ever been castigated or humiliated by your skip during a game?
- Have you ever played with a skip whose body language makes it clear he is not happy with his rink?
- Have your ever wanted to kill your skip during or after a game?
- Do you have a sense of humour? *
Questions accompanied by a * are compulsory.
If you haven’t already guessed
is not a real person – his views do not necessarily represent mine! He is actually
one of the characters from my book ‘Jack’s High’ but during my years as an avid
bowler I’ve met lots of characters just like him! Originally the idea was to
use him to promote the book but he really has assumed a life of his own. I’ve
had great fun creating this blog and hope bowlers everywhere will find it
enjoyable and not in any way offensive. Most of the people I refer to are real
and are happy to be included. As in life, to be a bowler you need a healthy sense
of humour in order to survive. This blog is proving a real safety valve.